VOTE JUNE 13-15 FOR A STRONGER VOICE FOR QUALITY SERVICES
We have reached a final tentative agreement with Clark County for a three-year contract that will give us a stronger voice to provide high quality public services, just policies and supports to do our best work and advance in our jobs, and a 2% cost of living increase in the first year with a wage opener for the second and third year.
We stood united with our co-workers, generated thousands of calls to the Board of Commissioners, and rallied at the Government Center to move beyond impasse–when not a single agreement with the county could be reached–to securing a contract before the June 30th deadline.
- Three-year contract term effective July 1, 2017.
- Two percent (2%) cost of living increase guaranteed for all employees.
- We will reopen negotiations each of the following two years to bargain over wages and an additional article.
- We fought back–and won–to keep our merit payments and step increases. We also added guarantees that our reviews and salary adjustment payments will be timely.
- Improved language on certification pay and added protection for increases for CDLs and physicals.
- Maintained current time and attendance procedures, including daily overtime.
- Added payments for tools and supplies and added provisions/equipment to be paid by County.
- Strengthened our voice by improving the procedures for use of labor management in supervisory and non-supervisory contracts.
- No change to the current substance abuse policy.
- SEIU Nevada members and representatives will now get advance notice of any new classification or positions or any modifications, changes or deletions of classifications or positions.
For clarification of any contract changes, ask a member of the bargaining team or attend a general membership meeting at the union hall on Monday, June 12 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
We encourage all SEIU Nevada Local 1107 members to vote Tuesday, June 13 through Thursday, June 15.
Please bring a county ID or photo ID. If you haven’t already joined our union, you will have the opportunity to sign up on-site before voting.
Below, you will find the tentative agreement between SEIU 1107 and County of Clark. The tentative agreement is subject to ratification by both parties.